With new European data protection regulations which came into force on 25th May 2018, which is the most significant piece of European privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It will impact of every business or organisation that holds and processes personal data.
Balgores Property Group are no exception and we have been working to ensure that we are fully compliant with GDPR when it takes effect.
Services that Balgores Property Group offer :
Sales, Lettings, Property Management, Residential Property Auctions, Financial Services, The recommendation of Surveyors and Conveyancers and Marketing.
Personal data that we collect during the course of your journey with Balgores is packaged using our own internal systems and the list of information that we hold on you, dependent upon the service that you require, or are provided with, is listed below.
- Full name, including Christian name, middle name and surname
- Any previous name
- Date of Birth
- Present address
- Previous addresses
- Residential Status
- Telephone numbers (including home, mobile and work)
- Email addresses
- Landlord Details
- National Insurance Number
- Whether you are a UK National
- Doctors details
- Dependants and the names and ages of those dependants
- Photographic id
- Proof of address
- Bank statements
- Credit card statements
- Mortgage statements
- Details of Personal or secured loans
- Personal Debt details
- Personal expenditure
- Proof of deposit
- Employers name, address and contact details
- Accountants name, address and contact details
- Previous Employers details
- Existing Mortgage Details
- Existing Insurance Details
- Details relating to the property you are intending to purchase
- Solicitors details, including caseworker, company name, address, telephone number and email address
- Details relating to the Estate Agent you are purchasing through or selling through, including caseworker, company name, address, telephone number and email address
- New Mortgage Details
- New Insurance Details
- Marital Status
- Criminal Offences/Convictions
- Credit card details
- Bank Details
- IP Address
In the general conduct of business, Balgores Property Group collects information relevant to the services you require from the range of services that we offer, from the following individuals or organisations :
- Your next of kin
- Your spouse/partner/family member
- Business Associates
- Financial Institutions ( to include Banks, Building Societies, Loan Agencies, Credit Card Companies)
- Insurance Companies
- Trusted Sources, to include Government/Land/Police Registers
- Credit Default agencies
- Law firms
- Health Providers
- From consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us, that they have collected.
Such information will generally be collected directly via the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, in our branches or by way of a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect personal information via our affiliates or suppliers.
You may also choose to submit information to us via several methods including the following means :
- Via our website
- In response to Marketing or other communications
- Via Social Media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- By signing up for a Service or Product that Balgores Property Group offer
- By way of participation in an offer, program or promotion
- In connection with an actual or potential business or employment relationship with Balgores Property Group
You may also agree to third parties disclosing information to us, about you, that they have collected.
We, our service providers and partners may collect certain information about you by using automated means, such as cookies and web beacons, when you interact with our advertisements, mobile application, or visit our website pages or any other digital assets, including e- marketing. The information that we collect in this manner may include, IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLS and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
We may use third party web analytic services on our websites and mobile apps. The analytics providers who administer these services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons. This helps us analyse how visitors use our website and apps.
Purposes of Collection
As a general rule we will collect, use and hold information about you for the purposes of the specific service that you require
Balgores Property Group are required, by law, to obtain specific information from you in order to comply with the regulations set out by the “Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017”.
We require two separate identification documents, one primary and one secondary, from the lists below. The information may be required at various stages of the process depending on whether you are buying or selling
Primary List of Valid Documents
- Valid passport
- Valid Full UK photo Driving Licence
- Valid Full UK Driving Licence (Non photo, paper) issued before 1998
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland photo Driving Licence
- Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland National ID Card
- Valid Armed Forces ID Card
- Valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (copy of both sides)
- Valid Blue Disabled Drivers Pass (with photo)
- Valid Freedom Pass
- Valid Local Authority Bus Pass
- DWP letter confirming pension details including NI number (This document must be dated within the last 12 months)
Secondary List of documents – Proof of residence
- Valid Full UK photo driving licence
- Valid Full UK Driving Licence (Non photo, paper) issued before 1998
- Local Authority council tax bill (dated within the last 12 months)
- UK Bank / Building Society statements showing activity, dated within the last 6 months, including account number and sort code
- UK mortgage statement (dated within the last 12 months)
- Utility bill – including Electricity bill, Landline bill, Gas bill, Satellite TV bill, Water Rates bill. Please note that a mobile telephone bill is not an acceptable form of id
- HMRC / Inland Revenue coding/assessment/statement with National Insurance Number (Dated within the last 12 months)
- DWP letter confirming pension details and NI number (Dated within the last 12 months)
Balgores Property Group reserve the right to employ third party electronic verification for the purpose of verifying identity. This search will not affect your credit rating.
Lawful basis of processing
- Balgores Property Group will process your information under the following:
- Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Balgores Property Group and we need to process your information as part of this contract.
- Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Balgores Property Group as part of our legitimate interests which includes : Fraud, risk assessment, due diligence, network and information security, suppressions and managing opt out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, web analytics, cloud storage, acquisitions, updating customer details, lettings, sales, financial services and other core products and services provided the Data Controller.
- Public interest : some information is processed in accordance with public interest, such as relocations
- Consent : where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data.
Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose the personal information that we collect about you, except as described in this privacy notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to :
Vetted affiliates and partners/Financial Institutions/Insurance Companies for business facilitation to provide required services, such as mortgages, insurance cover etc.
Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf.
Hosting Datacentres, Infrastructure, Applications (Development/Support), Cloud Services (Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service)
Helpdesk, call centres etc.
We contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- Councils, Health and Care Providers
- Other Law Firms
Credit Agencies, Land Registry Office, HMRC, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies.
Additionally we may share information about you, if legally required, to prevent harm or financial/reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
Prospective employers requesting references with your written request.
On websites, features can be accessed where we partner with other entities that are not affiliated with the Balgores Property Group. These include social networking, geo-location tools etc. are operated by third parties (indicated appropriately) who may use or share personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. It is recommended that you review the thirds parties privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
Balgores Property Group reserve the right to transfer your information in the event of a sale or transfer (wholly or partially) of our business or assets, with reasonable efforts that the acquirer protects/uses your information in a manner that is consistent with our Global Privacy Notice. You may exercise your rights to contact the acquiring entity with questions concerning the protection and processing of your information.
How long do we keep information for
Balgores Property Group will keep all information for a reasonable amount of time in order to perform the purposes listed previously.
We only keep your information for as long as necessary. We generally keep personal information for 7 years after the last contact with you. However, Balgores Property Group reserves the right to keep information for longer if we feel that this is in our legitimate interest.
Your rights and choices
Your rights regarding the sensitive or personal information that we maintain about you enable you to exercise choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information and how we communicate with you.
Access and Correction
You may have the right to :
- Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you
- Request access to and received information about the personal information we maintain about you
- Receive copies of the personal information we hold about you
- The right to access personal information may be limited, in some circumstances, by local law requirements.
Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information
If you feel that the information held by us about you is incorrect or inaccurate in any way, you can contact us detailing the discrepancies.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice stating the reasons for our refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint. We will provide you with access to the information that we hold about you.
Object to the processing of your personal information
If you would like to object to any processing of your information by Balgores Property Group you can contact us outlining which processing of information that you would like to object to.
Have the information blocked, anonymised or deleted
If you would like Balgores Property Services to delete, block or anonymise information we hold about you, you can contact us outlining what information you would like deleted, blocked or anonymised.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request to access, update, correct or delete your information, please contact us as specified in the “how to contact us” section below.
Opting out of Processing
You can opt out of collection of personal information by automated means. For example, when visiting our website or a third party website and interact with our adverts, by using the Cookie Consent tool displayed in the website. Please note that the browser you use may provide options on how to opt out of receiving certain types of cookies . Also note that without cookies you may not be able to use all the website features and/or online services.
- By email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- By unsubscribing via the “unsubscribe” link, which you will find within the marketing emails that you have received from us.
- Contacting any office with the Balgores Property Group
Withdrawal of Consent
If we obtain your information by consent then you have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously provided to us.
If we process your information under legitimate interest, you can object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your information.
Balgores Property Group will apply your preferences going forward, however, please note that doing so will mean that you will be unable to take advantage of certain products and services and promotions offered by Balgores Property Group or any of our affiliates.
The right to consent removal may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements and you will be informed appropriately.
7.How to contact us ………….. Complaints and Feedback
If you would like to make a complaint about a breach of your personal information, applicable privacy laws/principles or have a concern about Balgores Property Group’s privacy practices, or you would like to access and/or update information or preferences that you provided us with, you may contact us, as below:
Email us at email@example.com
Or write to our Data Controller ::
Mr Martin Gibbon FNAEA, MARLA
Balgores Property Services
63 Station Road
Essex RM14 2SU
If we fall short of your expectations in processing your personal information and you wish to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please ensure that you provide us with the full details of the issue. We will attempt to review and respond to all complaints within a reasonable timescale.
If we cannot complete your request for lawful reasons we will explain this to you, to the extent that we legally can.
How we protect personal information
The security of your personal information is very important to us and Balgores Property Group is committed to protecting the information that we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We use SSL encryption on our website, from which we transfer certain personal information. We store personal information only for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which said information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by the applicable law, We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
Updating this privacy statement
We will update this statement from time to time, so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to our privacy statement we will endeavour to inform you directly.We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you have. You have the right at any time to raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF